Squark is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the way that businesses monetize data through predictive analytics. Our software analyzes business data our customers work with every day to predict customer outcomes, uncover new opportunities, and mitigate risk. This no-code solution does not require data science knowledge or code, it is simple and easy to use. We strive to allow our customers to confidently make informed decisions about their customers to increase business impact and deliver a better customer journey.
Predict, Explain, Convert, Retain, and Grow.
We’re growing quickly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
The Director of Sales will join our executive team in charting the course of Squark’s growth helping to define, build, scale, and continuously improve our sales processes and function. As a founding member of our sales organization, we are looking for versatile sales talent that has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota, identifying marketing opportunities, and building trusted and strong relationships. Of course as a startup, you will be asked to effectively articulate Squark’s platform value proposition to prospective stakeholders at all levels, you will also work with internal teams across all functions of the company to help streamline and identify ways we can deliver value to our customer and prospective customers faster.
Squark sells SaaS subscriptions with a simple model based on a per seat cost. While you will receive qualified leads from our growing SDR team, we desire someone who can build a book of business based on past successes and relationships.
What We’re Looking For:
- An ambitious sales individual with 10+ years of experience selling software products or technical solutions in the data management/analytics space
- Deep understanding and knowledge of building out a complete sales organization to support a growing and evolving company
- Proven sales leader that consistently delivers on sales quota, understands the value of networking and is focused on developing and driving sales from initial outreach to close
- Out-of-the-box thinker who consistently looks for ways to improve and innovate sales processes and work effectively with internal teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to conduct in-depth sales presentations including highlighting key benefits and the value of our products
- A sales technologist who prides themselves in knowing the platform inside and out as well as the competitive landscape
- Experience selling in a SaaS business model company
- Ability to form trusted customer relationships with executive sponsors, economic buyers, and end-users at the enterprise level
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them learn how Squark can grow their businesses
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential buyers
- Dissect and qualify prospects’ business goals to determine if Squark can be a strategic investment for their growth
- Close business with new and existing customers at or above quota level
- Partner with marketing and technology departments to execute sales strategy as the company introduces enhancements to existing solutions and/or releases new products
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Comfortable with travel and in understanding the best way to build trusted relationships is in-person (currently all remote due to COVID-19 pandemic, but we do envision this changing over time once we all agree travel is safe and necessary. We take SARS-COV-2 seriously.)
- Experience working in a fast-growing company building and bringing new products to market.
- Experience selling software products/solutions on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Demonstrable increase in responsibility in your previous role(s)
- Exposure to the full sales cycle – lead generation through close of sale
- Personal pride in the quality of work delivered
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment
- Innovative and able to think outside of the box for new growth ideas and deal structures
- Interested in the opportunity to work with an early-stage company in which you can wear many hats, branch out, and grow in your role
- Close new business with prospects meeting our ICP
- Lead virtual sales demos
- Respond to inbound & outbound interest
- Engage prospects, nurture opportunities and close key accounts
- Research and develop Business Development campaigns to industry targets to drive TOFU (Top of Funnel) activity
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes
- Develop our overall sales growth strategy by overseeing purposeful experiments & analyzing results
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Squark is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we can work together as a team to serve our customers.